If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident in Valdosta? Call our Valdosta accident attorneys at 229-469-8266.
A car accident or injury can never be classified as minor. After one of these events there are many questions to be answered: Where will I get medical treatment? Who is going to pay for my medical expenses? Do I need to alert my insurance carrier if I was not in the wrong? Will I be paid for any days of work that I miss? These are just a few of the myriad of questions that need to be answered after an accident. The Merritt & Merritt Law Firm has experienced attorneys that specialize in injury and accident law. We have worked thousands of auto accident cases. It is rare that someone is in a type of accident that we have not had in the past.
Our objective is to make sure your life is back to normal as soon as practical.
Important Steps after an accident:
- Seek out medical attention immediately
- File a Police Report
- Be aware of what you say at the scene of the accident
- Keep accurate records of all costs and expenses related to the injury
- Be cautious when dealing with insurance companies
- DO NOT sign any forms or documents without understanding them
- Avoid trying to settle on your own if you don’t understand what to do
- Be aware of filing deadlines
- Do some preliminary research on the legal process
- Be aware of what type of lawyer you will need to hire
About 80-90 percent of auto accident cases settle outside of court. However, that does not mean an attorney is not needed to walk you through the legal process. We understand the law and have many years of experience to get you what you are entitled to. Hiring one of our Valdosta car accident attorneys can ensure you a higher settlement and relieve the stress of dealing with insurance companies.
Although most cases do settle outside of court, we prepare every single case as if the case will go to trial. This means many hours will be put into your case before it’s presented to the insurance company or a jury. We strive to provide all of our clients with the best legal representation possible.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a accident, call the Merritt & Merritt Law Firm at 229-469-8266. “The People’s Firm”
Georgia Texting While Driving Law: