Involved in an accident in Stockbridge? Call our 24 hour emergency Stockbridge accident attorneys at 1-800-738-WE-WIN.
If you have been injured in an automobile accident, and you and your loved ones have experienced disturbances in your everyday lives from medical expenses, lost wages, financial worries and emotional stress, you may be entitled to a personal injury settlement.
Unfortunately, the law can be very complex and confusing for those that have not practiced law. Which laws apply to me? Which reimbursements am I entitled to? Who pays for my medical expenses? These are some of the questions the attorneys at the Merritt & Merritt Law Firm can answer for you.
If You are Injured in a Car Accident:
- Exchange identification, vehicle registration, and insurance information with all members involved in the accident.
- Call the police because a citation is often helpful evidence in a personal injury claim.
- Take pictures of any property damage and personal injuries sustained from the accident.
- Seek treatment for your injuries at the local hospital, urgent care, or your medical provider.
- Contact your insurance company to report the accident.
The sooner you report the accident to your insurance company, the better. However, you should always contact an attorney before signing any application or authorization forms. The attorneys at the Merritt & Merritt Law Firm have over 40 years of experience dealing with personal injury claims for our clients. Call us today at 1-800-738-WE-WIN to set up a free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.
Do not give a recorded statement to the insurance companies without consulting an attorney first. This can help you avoid making statements that could possibly hurt your claim.
Types of Serious Injuries in Car Accidents
Car accidents can cause many types of serious personal injuries. Often, these injuries result in permanent disability and/or lifelong chronic pain. Types of serious injuries that may occur in car accidents include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – These can range from concussions to severe brain injuries. Skills and cognitive function can be impaired temporarily to permanently.
- Broken Bones and Fractures – These can range from simple to compound fractures to the spine, pelvis, arms and legs.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – These types of injuries can cause partial or total paralysis, depending upon the nature and extent of the spinal cord injuries.
- Soft Tissue Injuries – These types of injuries include damage to the body’s soft tissues such as muscles, ligaments and tendons. Whiplash, the jerking of the neck upon the impact of a collision, is a common soft tissue injury.
- Facial Injuries – Eye injuries, dental injuries, facial disfigurement, and fractures and lacerations to the head are types of facial injuries that may occur as a result of car crashes.
- Emotional and Psychological Injuries – Anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress syndrome, and other similar emotional and psychological injuries often result after car accidents. Often, these injuries are as difficult to treat as physical injuries and can take many years to heal.
Do all personal injury claims settle?
The Merritt & Merritt Law Firm is experienced in dealing with insurance adjusters. While most of our cases settle, we are prepared to file suit if a just settlement amount has not been offered by the insurance companies.
What Is Just Compensation for a Personal Injury Claim?
No fiscal amount can pay for the pain and suffering endured from a personal injury or wrongful death of a family member. At the same time, the law allows financial compensation for the injuries and property damaged sustained during an accident. Each case is unique, and our attorneys get to know you on a personal basis and evaluate your injuries.
The Merritt & Merritt Law Firm
Stockbridge car accident and personal injury attorneys serving all of Georgia, including but not limited to: Atlanta, Riverdale, Morrow, Stone Mountain, and Lithonia.
Call us today at 1-800-738-WE-WIN to schedule your free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.