Sandy Springs Personal Injury Attorneys
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident in Sandy Springs, call our Sandy Springs accident attorneys at 404-795-1775.
Millions of dollars recovered and counting – that’s how much money we’ve obtained in verdicts and settlements for car accident and injury victims.
Known for providing aggressive representation, the Merritt & Merritt Law Firm has successfully handled thousands of cases for victims of car accidents in Sandy Springs and across Georgia, such as wrongful death, spine injury, semi truck wrecks, nursing home abuse, and bad faith verdicts. While we devote 100% of our resources to your fight for justice, we also work on contingency which means we don’t get paid unless we win.
Car accidents can happen at any time of the day. Personal Injury defined is when a person is injured as a result of another person’s negligence. Over 30 million injuries occur each year that require medical attention according to the National Center for Health Statistics. Almost two million of those people sustain injuries that require hospital treatment.
- Work Accident
- Slip and falls
- Dog bites
- Truck Wreck
- Bus accidents
- Wrongful death
- Nursing home Neglect
A car accident can be a serious financial burden not only on the victim, but their family as well. After a successful car accident claim, a victim may be able to recover damages for the following:
- Medical expenses
- Vehicle repairs
- Pain and suffering
- Loss wages
The statute of limitations is the time period that limits the amount of time a person has to file a claim. This law varies per state, but in Georgia, the law allows a person two years to file a case.
Sometimes the seemingly straightforward cases against insurance companies can be very difficult. Don’t go at this alone. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact the Merritt & Merritt Law Firm. We have served the state of the Georgia for over 40 years educating and fighting for justice for accident victims.
Common Types of Car Accidents in Georgia
As in most states, common types of car accidents in Georgia include the following:
- Rear-End Collisions: These accidents happen when one vehicle strikes the back of another vehicle. They often occur due to tailgating, distracted driving, sudden stops, or inadequate following distance.
- Intersection Accidents: Failing to stop at red lights or stop signs, failure to yield right of way, or drivers making improper turns can all result in Intersection Accidents.
- Sideswipe Collisions: Sideswipe accidents happen when the sides of two vehicles collide. This can happen when drivers change lanes without carefully checking blind spots, merge improperly, or abruptly move or drift out of their lane.
- Head-On Collisions: These accidents occur when two vehicles hit head-on, and often result in serious injuries. Wrong-way driving, overtaking in a no-passing zone, or impaired driving are common causes of head-on collisions.
- T-Bone or Side-Impact Collisions: T-bone accidents occur when the front of one vehicle crashes into the side of another vehicle, forming a “T” shape. These accidents often happen at intersections when one driver fails to yield the right of way or runs a red light.
- Rollover Accidents: Rollover accidents happen when a vehicle flips or rolls over onto its side or roof. They are often caused by high-speed turns, overcorrection, or collision forces.
Our Georgia personal injury attorneys in Sandy Springs are not afraid to go to trial and fight for the compensation you deserve. At the Merritt & Merritt Law Firm, we offer free consultation. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay us only if we win! Call us today at 404-975-1775 or 1-800-738-WE-WIN.
Emergency Contact Information:
Sandy Springs Police Department
7840 Roswell Rd #301
Sandy Springs, GA 30328
Piedmont Urgent Care by WellStreet – Sandy Springs
6660 Roswell Rd
Sandy Springs, GA 30328
American Family Care
The Prado, 5610 Roswell Rd #100
Sandy Springs, GA 30342